ARG Recovery Scheme Guidance
Utilising top up Additional Restrictions Grant Funding provided by Government, Hull City Council is able to consider grant requests from businesses which continue to feel the impacts of the Covid pandemic and require further support in order to sustain the business and to safeguard jobs.
Grants will be considered from businesses:
- Where the continued trading of the business is at risk without grant intervention, following being severely impacted by the Covid pandemic (where a minimum of 3 full time equivalent (FTE) jobs are being safeguarded)
Funding for this grant is limited and it will not be possible to assist all applicants. We will carefully and transparently evaluate applications against the grant scoring criteria/considerations outlined below. Applications will be determined by an experienced panel of at least three Council officers.
Grant funding will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Grants will be paid into the nominated business bank account by BACS upon approval of application and receipt of any required evidence.
Please note this scheme has an end date of 31st March 2022 and all projects should be practically and financially complete by that date. Terms and conditions apply, please read the scheme guidance in full before completing the Expression of Interest.
Grant funding is not a right – awards will be at the discretion of Hull City Council – there is no right of appeal.
Who can apply? (see also exclusions)
Your business must:
- Be an existing business, trading in the Hull area
- Have a minimum of 3 employees (Full Time Equivalent).
- Be continuing to feel detrimental trading effects of the Covid pandemic
- Priority will be given to business to business, hospitality and manufacturing/added value businesses.
What can the grant be used for?
- The grant can be used to support the survival of the business and safeguarding of jobs (minimum of 3 Full Time Equivalent) at risk by contributing towards appropriate costs, such as rent, rates, utilities and borrowing costs
- Other costs may be considered, please discuss these with your nominated advisor
- A clear plan showing how the required grant will lead to recovery and longer term viability of the business is required
- Applicants will need to comply with UK Subsidy Allowance Rules
How do I apply?
You must first complete an online Expression of Interest so that the team can determine your eligibility.
Once eligibility is confirmed, one of our dedicated business advisors will help you develop your application and signpost to any other relevant support. Proceeding to full application should not be taken as an indication that a grant award will be made.
For full details: https://www.sirius-hull.co.uk/files/dal/362.pdf
Please see this link for the expression of interest (which needs to be submitted online).