Friday 26th November 2021
Event: National Enterprise Network's Annual Conference and Award
National Enterprise Network’s Annual Conference and Awards Friday 26 November 2021
This prestigious annual event celebrates excellence in the delivery of enterprise support.
Connect with teams from all over the country to hear inspiring stories, share best practice, and recognise the outstanding contributions our members are making across the enterprise support sector.
We’ll be in touch soon with more details and ticket prices.
- NEN Members benefit from discounted prices when booking tickets
- You’ll be able to purchase individual tickets or a team ticket
- You can look forward to an inspiring key note speaker
- Please start thinking about your nominations for this year’s awards
- Get ready to celebrate your incredible achievements this year!
Event: Masterclass: Increase Profit – Automation of Simple & Repetitive Tasks - 26/11/21
Organiser: Hull and East Yorkshire Growth Hub
Event Type: Webinar
Automating simple and repetitive tasks in your business can be a lot easier and more cost effective than you think.
Workshop 1: Understanding and identifying opportunities for automation: 12th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 2: Implementing automation in your business: 19th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 3: Implementing your automation plan: 26th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
About this event
This ‘Digital Skills Academy’ topic will provide you with the tools and understanding required to identify tasks from across your business that can be automated, how to get the best out of your existing technology and how to go about the automation process. It combines three interlinked, action orientated Masterclasses designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support needed to identify and automate processes across your business. By the end you will have identified which processes to automate, how you can use your existing technology to drive automation and developed an implementation plan.
Workshop 1: Understanding and identifying opportunities for automation
12th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will develop your understanding of automation and how to spot opportunities for automation in all areas of your business.
- What is automation and how does it relate to your business?
- Identify how you could use your existing technology to automate processes across your business, e.g. finance, production, administration, marketing, customer service etc.
- Understand where new software may be required to automate processes.
- Identify opportunities for automation and how to go about it.
- Post Masterclass exercise: each attendee to choose something they can easily automate to get the ball rolling with and without the need for external agency support.
Workshop 2: Implementing automation in your business
19th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will begin to firm up your automation opportunities and frame their implementation.
- Review exercise from first Masterclass to look at what automation opportunities delegates have identified.
- Defining your automation project requirements and how best to tackle implementation.
- Begin to explore more advanced automation strategies and options and future technology needs.
- Discuss some of the downsides to automation and how to address these challenges.
- Post Masterclass exercise: develop an internal project team and outline implementation plan, outlining key skills needed, how you will achieve buy in and find resources, and what are the critical success factors
Workshop 3: Implementing your automation plan
26th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will focus on bringing it all together and delivering your automations.
- Review exercise from second Masterclass to consider ideas about how delegates will implement their automation plan, plus assess key learning points.
- Delivering an effective automation project, overcoming obstacles and managing change.
- Define how you will measure the success of your automation.
- Define how you will refine and adapt your automations over time and identify new automation opportunities.
- Discussion to review plans, identify skills requirements and to resources needed, and look at support available to execute the plan including Digital Catalyst support.
About the facilitator:
Andrew Armitage is the founder and director of multi award-winning digital agency A Digital. With over 20 years’ experience working on digital projects for companies, including ExxonMobil and the NHS, leading visitor attraction Windermere Lake Cruises and renowned paper manufacturer James Cropper plc, Andrew has seen and worked on digital projects of all sizes.
A Digital typically work with B2B clients in professional services, tourism and hospitality, manufacturing, food and drink and both B2B and B2C eCommerce. Andrew’s passion is demonstrating the benefits technology can bring to businesses with great design, and sharing his knowledge so others can raise their digital game to drive business growth in the modern economy.
*Please note that these masterclasses are recorded and made available for viewing on online platforms. By registering, you consent to the masterclass being recorded and shared.
Start: 26th November 2021 10:00 am
End: 26th November 2021 12:00 pm
Event: UKAuthority AI & Bots4Good 2021 - 26/11/21
Event Type: Webinar
By UK Authority
About this event
Are automation and artificial intelligence core to the future of our health and public sector?
During the pandemic automation, or Robotic Process Automation (RPA), was deployed by many across local government and the NHS to automate the tsunami of new tasks related to covid testing and vaccinations. It’s reliability and efficiency has played a starring role and has much to bring to the sector as we move forward.
Meanwhile from intelligent automation to machine learning and artificial intelligence we are exploring new ways to visualise and use data to gain insight into the impacts of action – or inaction – on our world.
With the power to free time, release scarce resources and supercharge innovation, the question is, should these be specialist skills or embedded as foundational tools for the future of public services?
This event is free to attend for the public sector and accredited for five hours CPD.
Please register using your public sector email. Please note that registrations from personal email addresses may be rejected.
Speakers and agenda
The agenda for this event will be finalised shortly. Contact Helen Olsen Bedford if you are interested in speaker or sponsorship opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a flavour of this virtual event visit last year’s AI & Bots4Good 2020
Who should attend?
All those involved in developing or implementing RPA, intelligent automation and artificial intelligence to help improve outcomes for our citizens and patients, including, but not limited to, NHS, Local Authority and Central Government Chief Information Officers, Chief Digital / Data Officers, Data Scientists / Analysts, Heads of and Seniors of IT and Automation, Assistant and Chief Executives, Members, Heads of and leaders in Customer Services, Social Services, Environmental Services, Transformation or Change.
UKAuthority has full editorial control of this event thanks to support from our partners. By registering for this event you agree to the sharing of your name, organisation, job title and work email address with the UKAuthority editorial team and partner organisations hosting this event. If you do not wish this information to be shared, please let us know direct by emailing: email@example.com
Start: 26th November 2021 11:00 am
End: 26th November 2021 12:30 pm